Last year Robert at 101 Books did his first edition of Literary Would You Rather. I joined in and made a post of my own which was tons of fun. This year he’s back with the second edition and more hilarious questions.
1. Would you rather have an ugly, naked man follow you around the rest of your life, or have every book you ever touch smell like sulfur?
I’d rather have every book I touched smell like sulfur. I really don’t mind the smell of sulfur so it wouldn’t bother me that much and would be preferable to being stalked by someone the rest of my life.
2. Would you rather lose a big toe (you pick the foot), or have to read 50 trashy romance novels in a year?
I’d definitely rather read 50 trashy romance novels in a year. I don’t think it’d be that bad because I could read other books to balance out my reading. And even though a toe is small, I’d like to keep all my body parts. Plus, don’t you need your big toes to help you balance? So yeah, I’m keeping mine!
3. Would you rather live in Thoreau’s secluded cabin or Gatsby’s mansion?
At first I thought I’d prefer Thoreau’s cabin, but after some time of solitude I’d miss technology and the comforts of modern living. So I think I’d prefer Gatsby’s mansion because it would be comfortable and also big enough to have some secluded rooms when I wanted to be alone.
4. Would you rather be Batman or Spiderman?
Definitely Batman! He’s the most realistic super hero and he’s so cool.
5. Would you rather be trapped in a room with 20 two-year-olds for a week or have to give up reading books for a year?
I’d have to reluctantly choose being in a room with a bunch of toddlers. Although it might be torturous for the one week, I think an entire year without books would be worse. As long as it wasn’t a really small room I’d be fine. Plus there’d hopefully be some peace when they were sleeping. Or maybe they’d be the most well behaved kids, so I’d take the risk.
Which would you rather? Check out his answers here and leave a link in the comments if you’ve done a similar post so I can check it out!