Top Ten Tuesday is an awesome bookish meme hosted every Tuesday by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is 10 Things I Am Thankful For. And it doesn’t have to be bookish but, because this is a book blog, I’m going to do 10 Bookish Things and 10 Non-Bookish Things.
Top 10 Bookish Things I Am Thankful For
1. My library! Simply put, I love my library and appreciate it so, so much. It has a great selection and they always get the books I request in pretty quickly. Plus there’s the option to select which date to activate a request so I don’t have all my books come in at once and overwhelm me.
2. My Kindle: I’ve had the same Kindle for over 2 years and it is still in perfect condition. Even though my boyfriend always talks about buying me the new one, I can’t imagine giving this one up. It’s so helpful when I travel or can’t find physical copies of certain books.
3. Amazon: I know a lot of bookish people aren’t happy with Amazon, but when I’m looking for an obscure book, they haven’t let me down yet! And I love the two day shipping which helps when there is a book I can’t wait to get my hands on.
4. Feedly: Ever since Google Reader shut down, I’ve switched to Feedly and, well, have pretty much forgotten all about GR. I have Feedly on my computer and on the iPad too as well as my phone, so I can read my feeds anywhere!
5. Goodreads: What’s not to like about Goodreads? I know some people are upset about what’s happening with Amazon and Goodreads, but I don’t think it affects me and I still find it to be a very useful tool for keeping track of my books.
6. Other Book Bloggers: Blogging and reading wouldn’t be nearly half as fun if there weren’t others to share it with. I love reading other blogs, discovering new books, getting to know the bloggers, sharing our passion for books, and inspiring each other.
7. Fun Bookish Memes: I love that books and reading are becoming mainstream. Us readers have cool things like Top Ten Tuesday, Booking Through Thursday, and many other fun bookish themed things to participate in.
8. Authors: What would we do if there weren’t authors who wrote all these amazing books!
9. Book Sharing: I love sharing books with other people and it’s so awesome when they share their books with you too! My friend Becky recently loaned me 3 books and I can’t wait to read them!
10. The Books on the Nightstand Podcast: I haven’t been able to get into any other bookish podcasts but I absolutely love this one! It’s so much fun to listen to, I love the book recommendations, and it always spurs me into reading and makes me want to keep reading more if I’m ever in a slump.
Top 10 Non-Bookish Things I’m Grateful For
1. My boyfriend: Basically, he’s awesome! He’s so kind and caring and supportive of me and everything I do, not to mention intelligent, funny, and can solve any problem.
2. My family: I love my family and especially my mom who I’m so close to and we always have tons of fun together.
3. New friends: I moved to Indiana earlier this year and have been getting acclimated in the community and meeting new people and just recently have really started to feel a part of the town and have made some really wonderful new friends.
4. Community: Speaking of new friends, I love the community here and also the new community of spiritual people I’ve recently become a part of. It’s so wonderful to be a part of a group of people who love and support each other unconditionally.
5. The YMCA: I recently joined the YMCA and I love it! They have so many great classes, I go there to do weight training, and my friend teaches Yoga there. Not to mention there are so many other services and facilities that I haven’t even checked out yet. And the best thing is that it’s less than 5 minutes from my house!
6. Spirituality: I’ve been interested in spirituality since about 2009 and it has really changed my life and continues to do so. I don’t know where I’d be without the new insights I’ve had and the tools to help me overcome personal challenges and fears.
7. Going to India! In January I’m going to India to attend a course at the Oneness University and then to visit my boyfriend’s family. I’ve never been there and I couldn’t be more excited! I’m already counting down the days!
8. Ice skating: I’ve always loved skating and, after moving to Indiana, found the new local rink and skating club. I joined it and have a coach and feel a part of the skating community and am having so much fun. And, like the YMCA, it’s less than 5 minutes from my house. How lucky am I?!
9. Food! I love food and it takes on such a significant and warm feeling around the holidays. I love all the traditional foods and can’t wait to eat them for Thanksgiving. Not to mention how many wonderful foods that exist and how they can heal our bodies, make us feel good, and contribute to our health.
10. My new phone! My awesome boyfriend (see #1) got me the new iPhone 5S for my birthday and I am absolutely nuts about it! It’s so fast, I rarely lose cell service, the data works flawlessly when I’m out and about, the new fingerprint touch part means no more swiping or typing in my iTunes password, and I love the Siri feature…not to mention, it’s so pretty!
What bookish or non-bookish things are you thankful for? 🙂