There were tons of great books from 2013 that I never read. So I’m purposing to go back and pick up a few that made it on the Best of 2013 lists that sound appealing. I decided to select at least 10 from this list with a few alternates thrown in.
1. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
2. Want Not by Jonathan Miles
3. The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence
4. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
5. Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson
6. Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham
7. The Dinner by Herman Koch
8. The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
9. The Son by Philipp Meyer
10. The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
11. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
12. The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
13. Tenth of December by George Saunders
Have you read any of these? Which ones should I start with? Any that you feel didn’t live up to the hype? Which books are you looking forward to that you didn’t get around to reading in 2013?